Charge Your Car Day
You Need a Hug Every Once In a While ... Did You Ever Think That Your Car Does, Too?
Stop. Think. Do the right thing
Lockdown restrictions around the world have resulted in a sharp increase in car battery failures. In Germany for example, battery failures rose from 41.8% to 46.3%, with a stunning 54% flat battery cases in electric vehicles.
Those taking regular short road journeys, particularly in urban areas, face the real risk of experiencing a flat battery. This is because these trips put immense pressure on the car battery as it handles the frequent stopping and starting of the engine. The battery is now forced to work harder to maintain the power supply necessary for the functioning of all the various technological components in the car.
The solution? Regular battery charging.
Don't Let Anything Come Between You and Your Next Drive
For Charge Your Car Day , we are focusing on the fundamentals of battery charging and maintenance.
We encourage you to get READY TO GO by using Charge Your Car Day to learn (and put into practice) smart routines to keep your battery working so you can get out and drive.
If you charge and maintain your vehicle batteries you can:
- extend your battery's life threefold
- give yourself peace of mind
- save money
- protect the drivers and passengers in your family
If you don't charge and maintain your battery you can expect:
- your vehicle's electronics to be compromised
- to have your battery fail at inopportune times
- to have to spend additional money on repairs and battery replacement
Car batteries. The source of life!
“Our quality of life is intrinsically linked to mobility and our ability to enjoy freedom of travel – whether fuel-powered, hybrid or electric vehicles. Therefore, we want to engage and educate consumers on the fact that the battery is the source of life in the car and needs to be regularly charged.”
Little things make a big difference
- Reliable battery charger. Using a charger to maintain its performance and life can help save time, costs, and the environment.
- Sound charging routine. Charging at least once a month helps get the best out of a car battery and prolongs its life. When it comes to electric cars though, the rule is ABC - Always Be Charging.
- Simple, regular care. Invest in a charger with built-in functionality for both maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure your battery is always working to optimum capacity.
- Be mindful of the weather. Be aware of the effect of extreme weather conditions on your car battery, and look out for any signs of change, like the way your car starts.
- Correct charging. The only real way to restore a drained battery is to use a charger. Most other common ways work temporarily but are not dependable ways to fully recharge a battery.
It's not hard to forget how much work your battery is doing for your vehicle. In the video above we take a look at the demands on your battery that change constantly as vehicle technology changes. We also discuss why it’s important to regularly charge your vehicle battery and what happens if you don’t charge!
Lithium VS Lead acid
Lithium batteries require a different process of charging compared to lead acid batteries. In the video above,Tony will explain why, and teach you how to care for your lithium batteries, to maximize performance and extend your lithium battery's life.