New Cars Get Dead Batteries Too!
Avoid New Car Battery Woes With CTEK’s MXS 5.0 or CS FREE
If you have a new car, you may think that a dead battery cannot happen to you. However, new vehicles can experience dead batteries too! There are several reasons that you can run into battery drain or even a fully dead battery. You can avoid being caught unaware by using the CTEK MXS 5.0 or the fully portable CS FREE to keep your battery charged and maintained. Let’s take a closer look at the reasons that your battery can die even if you did just drive it off the lot.
New Car Battery Woes
There are a number of issues that result in your new vehicle experiencing a dead battery such as:
- Leaving your lights on: This may seem like a common one, and it is. Both headlights and dome lights can drain your battery overnight. For most newer cars, lights stay on briefly but if there is a malfunction lights can stay on indefinitely. Or, by not fully closing your car door, the dome light can stay on, draining the battery fully.
- Drains in the electrical system: Newer cars have a lot that is dependent on the electrical system. Complex computer systems, GPS navigation, lights, locks, and so much more. Drains called “Parasitic drains” can be hard to pinpoint, but they unknowingly drain battery power right under your nose. Examples can be lights that come on and somehow stay on. In these situations, your battery can become fully drained.
- Extremely cold or hot weather: Newer vehicles have batteries that tend to withstand the elements better than in the past. Even so, extreme weather has been known to affect a new battery on occasion.
- Charging system malfunctions: These problems can be associated with the alternator, and may cause your battery to die repeatedly. When this is happening you may also notice other issues with the drivability of your vehicle as well.
Always Be Prepared with the CTEK MXS 5.0 or CS FREE
At CTEK we provide battery solutions to keep you on the road. Two of those solutions are the MXS 5.0 and the fully portable CS FREE. Not only can these battery chargers keep your battery charged, but they can also help maintain your battery so you never have to worry about being caught unaware and stranded. Features of the MXS 5.0 are:
- Charges batteries up to 110AH. Maintains larger batteries up to 160AH.
- Unique reconditioning mode
- Built-in temperature sensing capabilities
- AGM and new EFB (enhanced flooded battery) battery charging capability
- 8 step charging program
- Completely sealed unit
Spark proof and reverse-polarity protected
clean voltage & current
Premium input and output cable with robust strain relief
Features of the CS FREE are:
- Adaptive Booster: Adaptive Boost works out the safest way to power up your flat battery to get you going within 15 minutes.
- Battery Charger: Use it as a portable charger to top up your battery, connect to a power outlet, or hook up to a solar panel kit or 12V battery for complete charging freedom anywhere you go.
- Smart Maintainer keeps your battery in peak condition at home or off-grid.
- Hi-tech Power Bank tops up your laptops, smartphones, tablets, and cameras whenever you need it.
- Smart and simple – no buttons or modes, just clear, easy-to-read displays.
- Countdown LEDs show the time left before the battery is fully charged.
- Charges and maintains all types of 12V lead-acid and lithium (LiFePO4) batteries.
- Complete range of accessories available for handy storage and to give you complete freedom from a power outlet.
The CS FREE gives you added freedom, for those who do not have easy access to a power outlet, or are out on the road. You additionally have the added benefit of being able to charge your other electronics along the way!
Keep your new car primed and ready for your next road trip by charging and maintaining your battery with products from CTEK, where maximizing battery performance is what we are all about!