CTEK to Launch CT5 POWERSPORT Charger
CTEK PRESS RELEASE
CTEK TO LAUNCH CT5 POWERSPORT CHARGER
with dedicated programs for all 12V lead-acid and lithium (12V LiFePO4) battery types
CHICAGO, IL - Thrills, action, fresh air; loving powersport is easy, whether you're on land, sea, snow or ice. Vehicle performance is everything and at the heart of it all is the battery. Your battery needs to be charged to maximum capacity to deliver peak power performance every time your powersport vehicle is started.
To help people maximize their battery performance, CTEK, a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries, introduces the CT5 POWERSPORT charger, with dedicated programs for all 12V lead-acid and lithium (12V LiFePO4) battery types. The product is set to launch in 2020 and will be available for preview at SEMA in November.
This 2.3A, 12V battery charger has three key charging & maintenance stages to maximize the power and lifetime of the battery. It uses advanced technology to constantly monitor the battery’s power and health then take action when required so your powersport vehicle is always ready to go when you are. The CT5 POWERSPORT can be attached to the battery indefinitely, if required, without risk of over or undercharging so it’s the ideal choice for many powersport vehicles that are placed in out of season storage for long periods of time.
The charger is easy to use and works with all powersport vehicle 12V lead-acid or lithium (12V LiFePO4) batteries. Intended for unsupervised use, the CT5 POWERSPORT charger is simple to connect, spark proof and reverse-polarity protected to protect the user and also the battery. Furthermore, there is no need to disconnect the battery before use as it regulates mains voltage to protect any sensitive electrical equipment.
The CT5 POWERSPORT charger has three selectable charge programs:
- NORMAL | Charge program for any powersport 12V lead-acid battery, including AGM
- LITHIUM | Charge program for 12V lithium batteries (LiFePO4, Li-Fe, Li-iron, LFP)
- RECOND | Charge program for reconditioning of deeply discharged batteries lead-acid batteries
“We have listened to the needs of our customers and developed this new powersport product line to address challenges they have expressed. The increase in lithium batteries within the Powersport industry and owners demanding confidence in their battery performance, we wanted to develop a product that spoke to these needs.” Bobbie DuMelle, VP of North America, CTEK
The CT5 POWERSPORT charger is easy to use, fully automatic, requires no specialized knowledge for use and is supplied with crocodile clips and eyelet connectors for maximum convenience. Additional accessories such as a wall mount, extension cable and bumper are also available to purchase separately. This quality, tough & durable unit comes with a five-year warranty.
This product will launch at the 2019 SEMA Show at the CTEK booth, #24313. For the most up to date details on the CTEK products being launched and previewed in November as well as key details on celebrity appearances and experiences, follow our SEMA/AAPEX posts.
For more information about CT5 POWERSPORT visit www.smartercharger.com
- CTEK is a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries.
- CTEK is a world-leading authority on battery technology, battery chargers, and battery care
- and has built a reputation for being first to market with new products.
- CTEK chargers use patented technology to ensure that chargers condition, charge, and
- maintain all types of lead-acid and lithium (LiFePO4) batteries quickly, simply and safely.
- CTEK supplies chargers to the world’s most recognized manufacturers including Audi, Bentley, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche, and Rolls-Royce.