Don't Let Battery Woes Kill Your RV Adventure
CTEK’s D250SE and SMARTPASS 120S Offer Onboard Charging Solutions
CHICAGO, Illinois - For RV enthusiasts, the draw of the open road, nights spent camping under the stars and the opportunity to “get away from it all” are powerful incentives, however poor battery management can quickly turn a dream RV experience into a nightmare.
For those on the go, an RV motorhome is a home away from home, and home comforts are expected. But what happens when the service battery supply can’t keep up with user demand? Lights won’t switch on, heating and cooling systems don’t operate, slide-outs can’t work, the fridge fails to keep food cold and critical systems lack the necessary power to operate.
CTEK, a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries, has the onboard charging solutions to give RV or commercial vehicle owners the power and reliability they need.
CTEK’s D250SE is a fully automatic, five-step charger delivering 20 amps of power to charge, condition and maintain any 12-volt service battery while on the move. Its dual input capability means it can draw power from solar sources without the need for a regulator.
Smart alternator compatible, the D250SE operates even when there is low alternator output maintaining a stable output of up to 20 amps to fully charge RV batteries in the shortest time.
A built-in temperature sensor compensates for hot or cold conditions, so batteries are fully charged in the shortest time without risk of over or undercharging. The D250SE has three specially developed charging modes: normal (14.4 V), AGM (14.7 V) and lithium (12 V LiFePO4).
CTEK’s SMARTPASS 120S is a 120-amp automatic power management solution that distributes power between an RV’s starter battery, service battery, and onboard equipment without the need for traditional diodes or VSR relays.
The SMARTPASS 120S supplies power to critical equipment directly from the alternator when the engine is running. This means critical functions like starters, radios, emergency lights and communication systems have the power they need taking priority over non-critical functions.
Because of its compatibility with smart alternators, the SMARTPASS 120S ensures power is continuously delivered to the service battery, even with low alternator output. The emergency start function automatically connects the service battery to the starter battery for 10 seconds to assist if the starter battery is dead and unable to start the engine.
The D250SE and the SMARTPASS 120S working together provide a powerful 140-amp charging solution.
“CTEK’s D250SE and SMARTPASS 120S units mean we can offer a solution to any 12-volt set-up offering even greater flexibility,” said Bobbie DuMelle, Executive Vice President of CTEK North America. “Combined, our powerful, safe and flexible charging solution gives you the ability to manage and control your power more effectively – whatever your requirements.”
The RV lifestyle is about freedom, fun, and exploring, and CTEK’s onboard charging solution means less time worrying about your batteries and more time for adventure.
For more information or to purchase, visit www.smartercharger.com.
ABOUT CTEK, INC.
- CTEK is a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries. CTEK's unparalleled knowledge and continuous investment in innovation means they push the boundaries of research and development to bring new and unique battery charging technologies to the global market.
- CTEK offers the market high-quality, reliable chargers and accessories that are effective, easy to use (plug and play) and, most importantly, safe (for the user, the vehicle electronics, the battery, and the charger).
- CTEK’s range of E-mobility products and solutions range from individual charging stations for charging at home, to larger corporate and commercial installations with many charging stations, that require load balancing as well monitoring and payment solutions.
- With products and solutions for 6, 12 & 24 volt lead-acid & lithium (12 V LiFePO4) as well as Electrical Vehicle batteries, CTEK products are designed and tested to deliver maximum performance for all battery charging needs.
- CTEK sells over one million battery chargers annually across the globe and regularly tops the chart in independent battery charger tests.
- CTEK supplies chargers to the world’s most recognized manufacturers including Audi, Bentley, BMW, Camaro, Cadillac, Corvette, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche, and Rolls-Royce.
- For more information visit www.ctek.com
Bobbie DuMelle, Executive Vice President
CTEK North America